FasCard Release 14 is full of optimizations that benefit your laundromat in more ways than one. A specific development that should be noted is the new Schedule Tasks feature. This feature gives you more control of your business while helping to keep you organized. Below are three key ways your laundromat benefits from the Scheduled Tasks feature!
Scheduling repeating tasks helps keep your employees on track without having to micromanage their daily schedules. The system’s automation helps you organize without taking time out of your day. An operator now has the ability to set up repeating tasks like the ones listed below:
- Sweep floors twice a day
- Clean out dryer lint traps once a day
- Check the restrooms once an hour
- Wipe down windows twice a week
With this new FasCard feature your staff uses their smart phone to keep track of outstanding tasks. Attendants can view and edit the status both open and completed tasks, keeping you updated on store progress, and unlocks a whole new level of remote store management.
The Scheduled Tasks feature allows you the ability to run comprehensive reports on your attendants progress and their daily work. This opens up more opportunities to stay on top of your store while taking note of key employees and their efficiency.
Ready to get FasCard and the Scheduled Tasks feature in your laundromat? Contact us today to get started.
CCI’s products are not just card systems that allow you to accept alternative payments. Our products are advanced automation systems that provide you a holistic solution to running your laundry business. We are continually making improvements to our products to take your laundromat to the next level, and we are excited to announce our latest system update for FasCard, Release 14. At CCI, we design all of our products with both the operator and end user in mind and Release 14 for FasCard is no exception. The latest upgrade for FasCard has innovative features that benefit users, employees, managers and owners.
Here are the new additions included in the latest system release for FasCard:
1) Modern and Personalized Customer Benefits
- In-App Apple Pay Your customers can now use Apple Pay on their iPhones to add value to their loyalty account! Smartphone users have the choice to purchase a flat amount or preconfigured value packages (i.e. Buy $10, Get $11). Having the ability to make in-app purchases with a credit card or Apple Pay is a modern convenience for your customers and takes your laundry facility to the next level.
- Spanish Language FasCard now has added Spanish language support for customer card reader functions to help you meet the needs of Spanish speaking laundry customers. Your users can choose between Spanish and English instructions and the FasCard system will remember your customer’s language preference and continue to display appropriately.
2) Automated and Remote Employee Management
- Scheduled Tasks With the new FasCard release, you can schedule repeating tasks for your attendants and have them view and update their progress through the FasCard smartphone app. You are also able to run reports to view which attendants completed tasks and if they were completed on time, giving you a whole new level of remote store management.
- Employee Work Schedule Through the FasCard admin portal, you can create, edit and monitor one-time and ongoing employee work schedules. Using the FasCard smartphone app, your employees can view their upcoming work schedules. Employees can now clock in and out from any FasCard reader in the store. Operators may verify the hours for completed shifts using the Employee Hours Report.
3) Added Features to Credit Card Processing
- Maximum Daily Credit Card Limit You can configure a maximum daily purchase amount from any single credit card so that users cannot charge over a certain amount per credit card, per day. Setting a daily credit card limit helps you reduce fraud potential and limits your liability.
- Offline Credit Card Mode Even if your internet goes offline, credit cards can still be used by your customers and transactions are processed when internet connectivity is restored.
4) New Internet Services Available
- Cellular Backup Cellular Backup is a low cost, peace of mind option for FasCard locations looking for maximum ‘uptime’. The system automatically goes over to cellular connection when primary internet fails and falls back to primary service once internet is restored.
- CCI Internet Service CCI has a new option for FasCard locations looking for low cost internet options. Reliable LTE 4G wireless service is easy to configure and manage and plans start as low as $20 a month (*taxes and fees not included).
Release 14 is available August 2017 and is provided at no additional cost to all FasCard customers. If you’re interested in learning more about FasCard or implementing CCI’s solutions in your laundromat, contact us today!
Card Concepts Inc. (CCI) designs all of its solutions with both the operator and end user in mind. Our FasCard system is an innovative payment solution that works with existing coin laundry machines and allows you to accept credit/debit, physical loyalty cards, virtual app based loyalty cards along with coins at your laundromat. We are excited to announce our latest product innovation for the FasCard system, the F2, a second generation FasCard reader. Usability, quality & reliability are priorities when creating any of our laundromat products and our new card reader is no exception. The F2 FasCard Reader is designed with the latest technology and many of its features are unique to CCI.
Here are the top ten features of the cutting-edge F2 FasCard Reader:
- 5 Multi-Color Status LEDs A feature unique to CCI, the F2 features multicolor LEDs that can blink and indicate status. Quickly look down a row of machines and see which are available, which are currently in-use, and which are out of service with the row of multicolor status LEDs on the F2 reader. These 5 indicator LEDs can be a wide range of colors and can beam steady or blink depending on the status of each machine.
- Full Color 3.5” Touchscreen Display The F2 FasCard Reader is the only card reader in the industry with a full color touch display. Customers can easily interact with your machines and start their laundry via the easy-to-use interface. The display shows your customers their loyalty point balance, any credits they have, lets them add value and use rewards directly from the reader.
- Dual Coin Inputs In the past, the FasCard reader could only monitor one coin drop. But since customers might want to use a different denomination, like dollar coins, we’ve added the ability to monitor a second coin drop to the F2 FasCard Reader. The F2 can monitor multiple coin inputs so your customers can pay with multiple coin denominations, an exclusive feature that is not offered by similar products on the market.
- Mobile Wallet No card is needed when your customers pay with their smart device. Interfaces with popular mobile wallet platforms such as Apple Pay and Android Pay will be available in 2018.
- Totally Field Repairable The F2 has a completely modular design, making it totally field repairable. If a part goes out, simply order what failed and easily replace it yourself. This lowers machine down-time, making your store more profitable.
- 1 Reader Can Manage 2 Pockets of Stack Dryers One F2 reader can now manage two pockets of a stack dryer, eliminating the need to purchase two card readers and saving you money.
- Vertically-oriented card swipe The F2 FasCard Reader has a vertically-oriented card swipe which allows for more flexibility. No more bumping into walls or other machines when swiping a card.
- 1 store can accommodate both F1 and F2 readers Since the F2 works off of the same infrastructure and software as the original FasCard Reader, your store can have a mix of the F1 and F2 FasCard readers without the need for multiple setups.
- 24VAC and 12VDC native input power compatible The F2 FasCard Reader drastically reduces install time because you can now plug into the existing transformer on your machines, instead of having to drill holes and wire in another transformer.
- Out of sight install screws We’ve moved the install screws to the bottom of the F2 reader so they are out of sight and you no longer have to worry about covering them with product labels.
The F2 FasCard will be available for purchase later this year. If you’re interested in adding the F2 FasCard Reader or the FasCard system to your laundromat, contact us today to learn more.
v7.3.1 (May 9, 2013)
- Fixed issues that can arise if system is not rebooted after update. Installer now requires the reboot after installation.
- Fixed Credit Card Daily Amount error even after a credit card was allowed to exceed limit.
- Increased default reinsert card timeout (from 2 seconds to 4 seconds) when a card is not read.
- Reworded onscreen message when a card cannot be read. New wording will hopefully help customers better understand what to do when card is not read.
v7.3.0 (April 17, 2013)
- Added free dry limit field (in General Info) to automatically reset unused free dries at the end of the night.
- Added Coupon Program report
- Added ability to set custom description for Deposit (example: Membership Fee). This will override the text shown on customer screens
- Added ability to clear the Customer Error Log
- Added ability to delete old Check Messages errors (persistent errors will re-appear)
Making a Laundromat a Profitable Reality
- Fixed issue where occasionally customers would receive a new card with no money on it and the money does not show up in escrow
- Fixed issue where occasionally the Attendant Work Schedule would show incorrect/duplicate schedules
- Fixed issue where certain transaction descriptions showing as “Unknown” on reports
- Fixed issue where assigned escrowed credit card transactions would show the X-Changer the escrow was assigned from, not the X-Changer that the escrow originally occurred on
- Fixed issue where the entire LaundryCard screen could be accidentally moved/resized
- Fixed issue where could not set a decimal value for birthday or registration bonus
- Fixed issue where unassigned escrow transactions do not show in Totals Report. A new line has been added that shows “Total Escrow Balance”
- Fixed issue where using a pound (#) symbol in the description when using Assign Cards would cause an error
- Fixed issue where time on X-Changers would not sync correctly
- Fixed issue when dispensing a card using Safari (desktop or mobile) would cause the card to have incorrect values
- Fixed issue where calendar popup does not display if the field contained invalid data
- Fixed issue where collection fails if large number of bills are being collected (due to not performing collections in a long period of time)
- Fixed employee hours editor not selecting the correct employee if two employees have similar names. Editor now has a single drop down field that shows Card Number and User Name
- Fixed issue where a long Special Message set on a customer card would not display properly
- Fixed issue that allowed blank/empty coupon programs to be setup
- Fixed issue where Credit Card Amount customer screen was in English even if card language was set to Spanish
- Fixed “Show Details” checkbox missing from Starts History Report
- Fixed issue where cash transactions are occasionally logged as credit card
- Fixed issue where customer does not receive a credit card receipt if transaction goes to escrow
- Fixed issue where dispensing cards would not work remotely from a smartphone
- Fixed issue where card reader may not show correct message
Making a Laundromat a Profitable Reality
Today’s laundromat investor is a savvy business professional who values not only their money, but more importantly their time.
- Unified look and feel (styling, colors, fonts) of entire interface
– Back button is now in upper left corner on applicable pages
– Save button is now in upper right corner on applicable pages
– Consistent page title area
– Cleaned up all button graphics to use same font/size/shadowing
– Interface looks 99% the same regardless of browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE9, IE10, etc)
– Renamed “BNA Power Cycle” button to “Bill Acceptor Power Cycle”
– Renamed “Bonus” button to “Bill Bonus”
– Added “Data Saved” confirmations to all pages with Save buttons
- Added number pad popup to ALL numeric input fields
- All popups require a single touch when viewed at the X-Changer. If viewed remotely through VPN, all popups require a double-click
- Improved popup calendar. Added month/year dropdowns. Added ability to select dates in previous/next month.
- Added row highlighting on reports when viewed remotely
- Added Store ID and X-Changer to main Manager and Attendant screens
- Moved Free Dry Analysis and Wash to Win Analysis reports to the Reports screen
- Added the date/time generated to header of Reports
- Bill Bonus now shows the bonus amount only, instead of the entire value (example: $2 bonus for $20 now shows “2.00″ instead of “22.00″)
- Equipment Types are now grouped by equipment type
- Time of Day pricing fields now show as blank if tod pricing not configured. This makes it much easier to see which days have special pricing configured
- Can now clear each Time of Day pricing schedule individually
- Added additional info to Machine Info to make it easier to get a quick overview of all machines and their address/line number/equipment type
- Invalid cards are now hidden by default on the Card Overview screen
- Card details screen now shows the last 5 transactions for a card to quickly see recent activity
- Added ability for customers to register using a Canadian postal code
- Added underscore “_” character to customer registration keyboard
- Added confirmation prompt for any dollar amount before processing a credit card (previously only prompted if $100 or more)
- Employee cards no longer earn loyalty values (free dries, wash to win, bonus)
- Wash To Win setup screen now easier to use. New fields automatically calculate points/goal.
- Shortened timeout on customer escrow screen (2min to 30sec) and added Cancel button
- Added scrolling marquee to Wash To Win advertising screen to prompt user to touch screen to continue.
- Escrow improvements.
– Manager can no longer edit assigned escrows
– Added column to show the X-Changer the escrow occurred at
– Added date filter to Manager escrow page
– Added column to show cardholder name if customer used a credit card
– Escrows applied now show in Card Activity
- Added Wash to Win Points/Bonus fields to Card Details screen
- X-Changers now sync time with internet time servers
- Application errors are no longer shown in on-screen dialog box
- Added ability to edit current and future coupon programs. v7.1.5 would only allow editing the last added program
- Attendant > Card Activity button will now show the activity for the employee card using the system.
- Added lots of additional useful information to Store Status screen
- All existing phone numbers are formatted to XXX-XXX-XXXX
- Improved Merge Cards report layout
- Improved MultiStore Transfers report layout
- Lots of other various cleanup/improvements