Access the Equipment Setup page by pressing the Equip Type button on the screen.
The Equipment Setup Overview screen allows user to configure setup details of installed equipment including pricing, pulse length, configurations, MLV settings, Time of Day Pricing, and Free Dry. Changes made to settings here will automatically be updated in the store within one minute of saving.
A list of equipment types installed in this store appears. Click on the machine name to access the Equipment Detail and edit the prices and configuration.
The equipment detail screen allows editing of the various field
- Machine Type – This field tells which group type the machine being setup is. This field is customizable.
- Free Dry Awards – This is the number of free dry starts bonuses to the customer for using this type of machine. (The dry time still depends on the dryer's built-in timer.)
- Vending Price – This is the normal cost to use this type of equipment. These prices can be adjusted to the penny. (Note that you can also create special 'time of day pricing.' See below for instructions.)
- Bonus Allowed – Checking this box will determine whether or not bonuses can be used on this type of machine. (For example, you may choose not to have bonuses apply to soap vending machines.)
- Discount Allowed – Checking this box will determine whether or not discounts can be used on this type of machine (i.e., soap vendors or other vending equipment).
- Start Hours – This is the time each day that this type of equipment will be available for use, normally when your store opens for the day.
- End Hours – This is the time each day that this type of equipment will be disabled for use, normally when your store closes each day, once this time is reached the equipment will no longer be available until the following start time.
- Cycle Time – This is the time (in seconds) of how long this type of equipment takes for a complete cycle of service. If a card reader has time left in its cycle, it will not accept another card. Note that this is only a timer within the computer system; it does not start or stop a machine. On dryers, you may want to set the cycle time to 0. This allows customers to use their card multiple times in a row if they know it will take longer than one cycle to dry their clothes.
- Pulse Length – The card readers on a particular type of machine communicate with the machine itself using the pulse length. This field may need to be adjusted after initial setup to find a suitable length for the communication between card reader and the laundry machine.
- Sensor This option is only used when initially setting up equipment, it allows compatible equipment to allow the reader to 'sense' whether the door is closed. Do not change this option once your system's integrator has set up your store.
- Time of day pricing – This lets you offer special prices at certain times. If you find that machine use is slow on a certain night of the week, for instance, offer reduced prices to increase traffic at that time.
- Additional Pricing – Some brands of equipment support cycle based pricing allowing you to configure different prices depending on which cycle the customer chooses. This is an optional component that requires special configuration from your CCI Distributor.
- Setup – Some brands of equipment support cycle configurations allowing you to adjust specific elements of the wash or dry cycle. This is an optional component that requires special configuration from your CCI Distributor. There are two (2) special price schedules that can be set for each type of equipment and for each day of the week. Enter the start and stop times and the special price. During these times the system overrides the 'normal' price (entered at the top of this screen). You may also clear all of the pricing schemes by clicking on the clear button